P

Monday, April 07, 2008

Some visiting my blog may know my friend John Marriott. He went to High school with me and college and was my partner on Acclamation. Last week he was diagnosed with Leukemia. For the past several weeks John had been experiencing excruciating headaches lasting for about 5 minutes… and coming a few times each hour. It was recently determined that he would need a blood test to see if that could help the doctors determine what was causing his headaches. During that series of tests (on March 27th) is when they discovered his rare form of leukemia. By March 31st it had gotten so painful that he was admitted to the Cancer Center at Dixie Regional Medical Center until he was stable enough to be transported to the Huntsman Cancer Institute at the U in Salt Lake City… and where he will now remain for the next 30-45 days. John started his first round of Chemo, and is optimistic that by catching the disease early and employing aggressive chemo and possible radiation treatments he will have great success and beat this. His pain has been tremendous, and although his white count is going up, he feels as if his bones are expanding inside his body. ..although he’s on all sorts of pain medication. It was determined with 100% surety that he has “APL Leukemia” which is less common, but in most cases more treatable. I just wanted to put this one post for those who don't already know, if you would like me to forward information as I receive it please leave me a comment with your email address. Please keep him in your thought and prayers. There is a site set up for him giving updates on his condition at http://johnmarriott.bravehost.com

5 comments:

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsay said...

I'm still in shock over John. When Alayna called with the news I just sat and cried. Things like this aren't suppose to happen to people we know, especially good people like John.

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Hey Misty! You probably don't recognize my married name, it's Sally Cooper! I found your blog through Val's. I can't believe that you have 4 kids, they are all so adorable by the way! Anyhow, I am still so very sad about Johnny. Your post really touched me. Thanks for sharing the link, I hadn't know about it. Tell Scott hello for me.

Treion Muller said...

Scott and Misty--so happy you guys found us on the internet--your family is so adorable. So sad to hear about John...he is such a wonderful person